The Teardrop Bag Pattern Makeover: O-Rings and a Zipper Gusset

4/28/2012 05:32:00 PM

The Teardrop Bag Version 2.0 - Some Variations!

A Pattern Revision:  After a few requests, I've done a bit of revising to make some instructions for a zipper opening to be used in the Regular Sized Teardrop Bag pattern.  I think it worked out wonderfully, and I really want to share it with you.  When you put the zipper opening in the Reg sized bag, it makes a perfect sized, large handbag.  Oh and those shiny rings look so snazzy!!  It's important to me that my customers are happy with their purchases and feel like they've had good value for their dollar, so I've emailed a link to all of my Teardrop Bag customers so they can download a new version.  If this is YOU, and you haven't received an email for some reason, please let me know.  All of the new revisions are included in any new pattern purchases.  OH! I've made a few more changes too.... like more metric!

In this revision you will find:
   - Instructions for a zipper gusset opening
   - Instructions for O-Ring or D-Ring strap attachment
   - Both imperial and metric measurements
   - New and improved formatting and diagrams

The pattern details:  The Teardrop Bag is a very versatile bag that can be sewn in sizes Regular or X-Large.  This roomy, hobo-style bag can be used for a large handbag or purse (regular size), for the beach, on an overnight trip, to dance class, to the pool, and even a trip to the laundry mat (X-Large version). I designed the X-Large size specifically to fit at least 4 or more beach towels and room for a hat and all the extras. BE PREPARED this bag is massive!  Included, are instructions for an optional magnetic closure, internal slip and zipper pockets. 

**Instructions for a zipper opening variation for the Regular sized bag, and a bag strap attached with large O-rings have been added as a supplement to this pattern.  The new zipper style opening and O-rings make a very stylish bag and together, it's a whole new look!  (These are both included in your new pattern.)

This pattern is easy to sew and follow and has very detailed instructions including 70+ clear color pictures for reference.  Instructions are now in both imperial and metric.  I will teach you everything, every step of the way.  You will learn how to insert an internal zipper pocket, slip pockets and a magnetic snap.  All of these are optional so you can customize your bag to suit your personal needs.  You won’t need to enlarge any pattern pieces either; they are all full size and include seam allowances. Super easy!

Finished Size of bags are:  (Measurements are approximate)
Regular:      Width: 21”(53cm)  Length: 17”(43cm)  Straps: 16”(41cm)
X-Large:     Width: 25”(64cm)  Length: 22”(56cm)  Straps: 16”(41cm)

Where to find this Pattern:  You can read all the details, see more photos, look at a material list, and order an instant download HERE.

Thank you for stopping by, and please sign up on mailing list for my newsletter.  There will be a new pattern coming out soon - and everyone on my mailing list gets an introductory DISCOUNT. (Sign-up is on the side bar on the right.)





You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is great Janelle,
    I have not received my amended version yet, could you please send one to me?
    I will certainly be making another Teardrop bag, this time in the version 2.0 :)
    I visited my sister recently and she just LOVED the version 1 I made!
    Thank you for a very practical pattern!
    Sincere thanks
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa! I will get a link to you right away. I think I have missed those first 12 or 13 gals that won a free pattern from me. I'll have to rustle up those email addresses so I can get one out to them too! I'm so glad your sister loved it. The one with the zip - I just love it! Watch for your link, Janelle

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! I like to reply via email, so please make sure your email address is set up in your Blogger preferences. However, if you are a 'noreply@blogspot.com' commenter, check back here for your reply, Thank you!! Janelle

Links

A Note

The contents of this blog, including text, original photos and ideas are the sole property of the author. If you intend to use my text or images, please link back to this blog and give credit to Emmaline Bags & Patterns. A notification email would be greatly appreciated too! Please do not ever republish an entire post, any tutorials, or post photos of my family. Thank you, Janelle

Our Instagram: @emmalinebags